Monday, January 16, 2006

Helsinki in 2days by Ballad



My last trip to Helsinki has been planned since last year and I have been there on January 13-14, 2006. The trip started by booking hostel, Eurohostel in Katajanokka, and buying “Helsinki Card” which I found later that it can save money for only “honest” tourist through internet. I went to Helsinki by ExpressBus and it cost 19.90€ from Lappeenranta. I was wonder because actually, with student card, I can get discount 50% and its price should be only 15.70€ but after took the bus for around 4 hours from 2:40 a.m. to 6:55 a.m., I arrived to Helsinki anyway. It was still dark at that time and every place were not opened yet so we could only walk around and found the way to the hostel. I arrived to Eurohostel (www.eurohostel.fi) around 9 a.m. I got triple backpacker room which cost 18.80€/person who held an International Hostelling Membership Card or ISIC Card. The receptionist was very kind. He gave me the room at that time (normal time when we can check in is 12:00) so I could left my stuff in the room. That made me able to travel more comfortable. Next, I went to the Tourist Center to get the Helsinki Card (you can find information from http://www.helsinkiexpert.com). I showed the confirmation e-mail of purchasing this card online which I have printed to the officer and she did not check anything. She just received that and wrote something on that document, not even checked the order number, and gave me the card. I could realize at that time that Finnish people is very honest because that document can be faked very easy. However… my trip started.


Read more>>>

1 comment:

danaiii said...

อิอิ